Our agents are on hand to speak to you 7 days a week.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US NOW!     01425 600129     enquiries@bankruptcy.co.uk



Bankrupt but still being harassed

If the trustee has the keys to my house, why is the secured loan company still harassing me and taking me to court to repossess my house?

This doesn’t sound right, because the Trustee would have had an obligation to advise the secured loan company of your status and his interest in the property. We have to assume that this has not happened and you need to make the Trustee aware of this development.

For those of you who don’t know, in cases where there is a property (with equity) involved in a bankruptcy, a Trustee is appointed in place of the Official Receiver. This would be a private Insolvency Practitioner and is often a firm of accountants or solicitors. It seems someone has taken their eye of the ball, as this sort of thing rarely happens.

Bankruptcy UK offers bankruptcy help for those who might be unfamiliar with the procedures and will submit your application online. Court appearances for bankruptcy are no longer required. Feel free to call us on 01425 600129 for an informal chat about your circumstances.


Do I need a solicitor to go bankrupt?

No you don’t and it will cost you even more if you get an Insolvency Practitioner involved. There is plenty of help available in the form of forums, Citizens Advice and by calling the Insolvency Service Help Line, but where you really need to be careful is in the preparation of the income and expenditure.

If you are a good earner or you have a double income, a botched I and E could see you contributing towards an Income Payment Agreement for three years, something you could well do without. Knowledge of what and how much you can claim is seriously important, as the Insolvency Service will be itching to place you in an IPA, as this is how they recover costs. Call us if you have any doubt as we are dab hands at preparing these documents.

Bankruptcy UK offers a full bankruptcy administration service and will submit your bankruptcy application online. Court appearances are no longer required for bankruptcy. Call us for bankruptcy help on 01425 600129 or for an informal chat about your circumstances.



Bankruptcy UK

Bankruptcy UK